ENHANCE YOUR EXPERIENCE
Before you arrive, prepare yourself to be still. Breathe, relax, begin to settle into stillness. Do not rush to your appointment. Arrive early. Stay late.
Build your whole day around your self-care time to make the most of it. Doing emotionally draining tasks on your day off, such as paying bills, running errands, doing household chores, catching up on e-mails, or any other type of screen time (yes, even watching TV!) might look like you are not working or training, but they do trigger a stress response. Remember to our body, stress is stress, whatever the source.
- Bring a towel ($3 rental)
- Do not bring swimwear
- Earplugs are optional but recommended
Be natural and clean:
- No makeup or contact lenses.
- Remove jewelry if possible.Do not shave or wax within 24 hours (if you shave often, give it 6-12 hours).
- No recently dyed hair with a vibrant colour (e.g. green, blue, red, black).
You should not float if you:
- are under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- recently got a tattoo. Wait until it is fully healed to avoid fading
- have large open skin wounds, ouch!
- are epileptic and have not consulted your doctor. Please consult your doctor before floating
- If in doubt, check with your healthcare provider & read + sign our waiver
Make the most of your sauna session
- Bring a towel ( you can also rent one for 3$ )
- Drink liquids prior to and after your session
- Avoid using oils and lotions on your skin, they tend to decrease perspiration by blocking pores. Apply them after your session for the best results.
- Remove jewelry if possible (metal gets hot !)
- Some minerals can be lost in perspiration. Eating a sensible diet including fruits and green leafy vegetables will replace these, Supplements can also be taken to replenish minerals.
- Limit food intake an hour before your sauna session. Your body will be able to detox more effectively if it isn’t using energy for digestion.
- Take a shower or bath before your sauna session. This tends to increase perspiration as bathing opens the pores.
- If you booked the cold plunge, swimwear or clothing is not allowed
You should not use the sauna if you:
- are under the influence of alcohol or drugs or trying to recover from a hangover. This is a myth.
Make the most of your session
– Be hydrated before you start.
– Contraindications for PEMF therapy: being pregnant or having eletronic implants like a pacemaker
– Contraindications for RED light therapy: some medications pre-scribed for skin cancer